Here are five tips to start your adventure in the world of Inbound Marketing.
If you are not familiar with the term Inbound Marketing, rest assured, you are in the right place! The Inbound Marketing is simply the use of modern media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, to promote a product, company or even an event. It’s the idea of using media that your audience uses, so you can attract customers, instead of using the voice of traditonnals media.
If you want to learn more, read this HubSpot article.
5 Steps to an effective Inbound Marketing campaign
Here are 5 tips to implement a good inbound marketing campaign
1. Identify your target customers, or personas
One of the fundamental principles of inbound marketing is to target the people we want to attract. Knowing who look and / or seek our content, we can optimize our content so that customers will come to us and find what they want!
- Are you targeting companies or individuals?
- Who cares about your products?
- How do they communicate in everyday life?
- In what area are they?
- And so on …
2. Start a blog
Talk to your target customers! Discuss topics that interest them. Inform them. Entertain them. Add images, videos and relevant content and above all, natural content!
Here are some ideas to guide you on the right track. If you are a bike shop, for example:
- Talk about your latest discovery to run longer
- Talk about your last visit to the Bike salon
- Talk about the new derailleur
- Interview a professional cyclist
- And so on …
3. Keep up to date
Want to become a leader in your field? You want people to come back? You need to keep you up to date to give the latest news and trends! It will be good for your Inbound Marketing and also for your business in general.
4. Be present on social media
Whether to tell the world that you just published a new blog post or just post a picture of your team on the site, it is important that you are active on social media. This will allow you to talk about you. It’s on social media that you will create a buzz for your blog, and, by extension, for your website. Do not spend all your time on it, but keep some consistency and you will be guaranteed success.
Think of the common social media to a good start:
5. Quantify your efforts
You take the time to write all these blog posts, take the opportunity to quantify your efforts visits, newsletter enrollment or even sales! You know that Rome was not build in one day, so be patient! You’ll be surprised how much people want to follow you and you will get results in the long term.
Want to quantify your results, but you do not know where to start? Here are some free tools to help you track your journey tools:
- Google Analytics offers you a nice tool to track visits to your blog, and your website in general
- The insight section of your Facebook page tab offers some interesting statistics
- Hoot Suite offers a free version that allows you to manage all your social media accounts in one place, create grouped items and more!
So here, I invite you to practice these tips on Inbound Marketing in your own universe! If you ever have any ideas, comments or suggestions, I invite you to open the discussion here! And if you like, share the good news!
Latest posts by Pier-Yves C Valade
- GTM Auto-Event Tracking: Forget The Dev Team - 20 November 2014
- Why I Love SEO (And You Should, Too!) - 21 August 2014
- PPC campaign optimization: 4 simple fixes to maximize ROI - 4 June 2014
- e-Commerce: Choosing The Right Platform - 24 April 2014
- A Guide To E-Commerce Conversion Tracking Using Google Tag Manager - 27 January 2014